All documents should be signed, put into order specified below and submitted to the JU SYLFF Steering Committee
- Application form ** - in English only
- CV - in English only.
- Invitation. Applicants should submit an original invitation (preferably in English) along with the original envelope, written on letterhead and signed by an authorized person representing the receiving institution, which states that the applicant is welcome and that he/she will be able to meet his/her educational objectives (specified in the "Study objectives" section in the application form) there.
It should contain:
- academic year in which the visit will take place,
- its suggested duration,
- promise assistance offered by the receiving institution during the applicant's visit,
- and/or confirmation of his/her acceptance at a study course or courses, including the tution fee.
It is not necessary to quote specific dates. You are advised to contact directly a university specialist in the field of your choice rather than to approach administrative staff (like a SYLFF coordinator in the case of a SYLFF institution) and ask for assistance with finding a specialist.
If you find it difficult to obtain an English-language invitation, you may submit an invitation in a different European language.
Invitations which are faxed or scanned may be submitted along with other required documents but they must be replaced with an original no later than at the time of an interview. Submission of an original is a prerequisite for an interview. In no case an informal invitation sent by e-mail will be honored.
- Planned expenditures from the fellowship grant (in USD only) - in English.
- Certificate confirming the applicant's status as a JU student, specifying his/her field of study and the study year - in Polish
- Certificate confirming the applicant's GPA gained in his study program - minimum 4.0 (in Polish). Doctoral students should submit
the grade average they gained in their doctoral studies. In well-documented cases the Chair of the SYLFF Steering Committee may wave the 4.0 grade average and allow those having a lower average to be interviewed. The average may be included in the certificate confirming the applicant's status as a JU student.
- Transcripts of studies - all 7-8 semesters. Applies only to students. Those who graduated from a first-cycle program of study should submit their diploma supplement along with the transcript of their second-cycle program of study. Doctoral students should submit a supplement of their second-cycle (graduate) diploma.
- A certificate of proficiency in a foreign language related to the proposed research - other certificates are also welcome. If no certificate is available the applicant may include a photocopy of a relevant page in his/her university credit book (indeks) which shows the result of an examination in a foreign language.
- A list of voluntary or paid activities which prove the applicant's potential as a young leader. Each entry should be accompanied by the full name, position, telephone number and/or e-mail address of a person who can confirm the applicant's work. The list should be submitted as a preformatted form.
- A letter of recommendation - SYLFF recommendation form
The letter of recommendation should be written in English by a JU faculty member (holding at least a Ph.D. title) who supervises the applicant's M.A. or Ph.D. thesis. Additionally, the applicant may submit a letter of recommendation written by a faculty member of a Polish or foreign university under whose supervision the applicant studied or conducted research. If applicable, the letter of recommendation should include the title of the applicant's M.A. or Ph.D. thesis and it should confirm that the title has been approved by a respective Institute or Faculty representative/council. Only SYLFF recommendation form should be used. If the letter of recommendation is not written in English, a translation should be attached. Letters of recommendation are confidential and should not be made available to the applicant. They should be submitted in person, by post or by the applicant himself. In every case they should be submitted in a sealed envelope bearing the first and second (family) name of the applicant. They can be submitted either before or after the applicant submits other application documents but not after the final deadline (see Deadlines
** Application forms should be printed double-sided and their original layout should not be modified.